Thursday, March 17, 2011

my plans for the weekend -what are you doing?

I'm am super excited for the Seattle Tilth Edible Plant sale this Saturday.  I have managed to talk (no pressure) my mom and mother-in-law in to attending with me -both huge plant lovers, like me.  I've been drooling over the plant list for weeks and trying to figure out what I'll be bringing home.  I'm definitely going to have a hard time not bringing one or two of everything home with me!


This weekend we will be celebrating with family.  My son's birthday was yesterday(the 16th) and my eldest daughter's birthday is the 28th.  So, this weekend is when we can coordinate with everyone.  We'll be doing the usual, dinner out, then to my sister's place in North Seattle to enjoy ice cream cake and prezzies.  Then the next day is nothing short of epic.  We are going to the Pacific Science Center to see a special exhibit.... STAR WARS!!!  Everyone in this family is so excited and can hardly wait.

needless to say it has not been the frugalist of weeks for dinners.  We've had take-out pizza, and chinese buffet so far.  Tonight, seeing that it's St. Patrick's Day, we're having a very traditional -although, not special according to the Irish, Irish dinner.  Corned Beef and Cabbage with potatoes and carrots.  I totally cheated and bought my brisket at Costco as a packaged Corned Beef.  But I cut the damn potatoes, carrots, and cabbage myself!  Then, I threw it all in the crockpot.  
Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Add one more thing to your celebration... you are one of the winners in the Seed Ballz giveaway. Contact me at robj98168@yahoo.com so we can arrange delivery!

    ReplyDelete